Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wait For Me

Proverbs 1:31 (MSG)
Well, you've made your bed--now lie in it; you wanted your own way--now how do you like it?


Ouch!  That hurt!

I have lived in the back~wash of this comment.  It's so descriptive of what happens when I try to circumvent a situation.  I have found that when I demand that something be done my way and in my time, without checking in with the Lord first, it usually ends with having to endure an uncomfortable consequence.  Sometimes I only have to be in the bed for a "night".  And other times it has been for many long "nights".  My answer to the above question is:  I don't like it!  I don't like it when I try to take over my life and don't seek Him first.  I wish I could say that it has never happened.  I wish I could report that I have never moved ahead without seeking His counsel, but the transparent truth is that I have.  My prayer request to the Lord today revolves around that recurring phrase that I often sense Him laying on my heart when I am in His presence.  The phrase is simply....Wait for Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment