Sunday, January 30, 2011

God Is On Your Side....(if you're on His Son's side)

Proverbs 3:1 (MSG)
Good friend, don't forget all I've taught you; take to heart my commands.

I absolutely love going to church!!  If you don't have a place to gather together with other believers to hear the Word of God preached clearly and worship the Lord in one voice, don't give up until you find one.  Our Pastor's message today was just what I needed to hear....."God is on your side!!"
Romans 6:23 (MSG) says:  "Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death.  But God's gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, Our Master."  The gift of living with confidence knowing that God is on our side, comes only from the hand of Jesus.  If we are not willing to accept the Lord as our Savior and obey His commands, then we cannot expect to be hearing anything from Him.  We are not able to know without a shadow of a doubt that He is on our side, if we have not chosen Him as the captain of our team....right?

Today's verse is very clear to me.  It is telling me to apply what I've learned from His Word and then stand firm knowing that God is on my side...because He is!  1John 5:11-12 (NIV) "....God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  He who has the Son has life;  he who does not have the Son of God does not have life."  Rather than missing out on the fullness of life, due to fear, I will cling to the Spirit of God for my security.
Praying today to live in the confidence that God has supplied to each one of us through His Son.....Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment