Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gold Nuggets

Proverbs 2:4 (MSG)
Searching for it like a prospector panning for gold, like an adventurer on a treasure hunt,

A reminder to myself from yesterday, that the writer of Proverbs is looking for insight.  I can see this picture so clearly!
I invision the miner standing in a stream of water, bending deep and reaching down into the bed of rocks as he drags his metal plate along the bottom of the river.  Tirelessly he continues to bring the strainer to the surface where he sifts through the junk rock peering steadily for the treasure.  Continuously he throws out the rocks and does it all over again, until he finds that tiny piece of gold.  What a great picture of how I need to be faithful  in my search for the Lord's purpose in my life for this day.  Praying for open eyes to the opportunities that are right in front of me to be Christ's hand extended today.

No comments:

Post a Comment