Thursday, January 6, 2011

Carelessness Kills

Proverbs 1:32 (MSG)
Don't you see what happens, you simpletons, you idiots?  Carelessness kills; complacency is murder.

Careless~Not paying enough attention to what one does. (http://www.dictionary.com/)


This verse is so timely to me on many different levels .  It speaks to every area of my life and beckons application.  I have strongly felt the Lord impress upon my heart to take care of what He has given me. Starting with my health, as I read my sister's blog: http://www.whyhealthcommunication.com/, I recognize the importance of paying attention to our health and doing all we can to keep the channels of communication flowing.  Moving on to our families, our jobs, and finally our spiritual lives,  I find there is great wisdom in spending that extra time to study each area meticulously.  My prayer focus for today is to absorb everything that God's gracious hand has provided for me.........Father, may I never slip into complacency!

No comments:

Post a Comment