Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Real Life

Proverbs 2:19 (MSG)
No one who joins her company ever comes back, ever sets foot on the path to real living.

What is "real living"?


The verse is talking about following a "Seductress" down a path of unrighteousness (not being right with the Lord).  If you begin down this path, apparently there is no "real living" that will take place and once you're on it...you can't get off.  Scripture is clear, that to have abundant life, we must first know the one who is the giver of life~Jesus Christ.  In the book of John 10:10 (ESV) Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.  I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."  "Real living", then, as I understand it , is the life led with conviction and honor to the Lord.  My prayer for today is that God will help my family and I to honor His name in every area of our lives, so that we may be on the continual path of  "real living"!

No comments:

Post a Comment