Saturday, January 15, 2011

His Special Attention

Proverbs 2:8 (MSG)
He keeps his eye on all who live honestly, and pays special attention to his loyally committed ones.

I think chocolate is amazing!!  Today I ate a dark chocolate Dove square and this was on the inside wrapper~ "When you can't control the wind, adjust your sails!" (Brenda Schofield, WI)


Isn't that marvelous!!?  Not if you can't control the wind, but when you can't control the wind...adjust your sails!  So timely, as I have been thinking a great deal about the law of the harvest.  I know that when a farmer plants corn seeds, he will grow corn, not potatoes. Apple trees are the product of planting apple seeds, not pear seeds.  So the planting is what we can control....not the wind; not the rain or drought; not the temperature; not the hail; nor the blight.  In response to those things, we must adjust our sails and weather the storm.  So, we certainly reep what we sow, but it is the amount of the harvest that is subject to change based upon the environment that our crop is attempting to grow in.  I am most certainly choosing to sow a crop of deliberate trust in the Lord, so that I will reep a harvest of His special attention!  Praying today for an abundance of His care in my life and in the lives of my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment