Friday, January 28, 2011

Integrity

Proverbs 2:21 (MSG)
It's the men who walk straight who will settle this land, the women with integrity who will last here.

This verse stands alone....

I want to be filled with integrity.  Words like:  honest, faithful, trustworthy, candid, reasonable, undisguised, legitimate, aboveboard, unquestionable, and respectful are used in Webster's New World Thesaurus to describe the word integrity. These are certainly lofty expressions. Am I really displaying all of those qualities?

I am gently drawn back to my reading of the Word this morning found in John chapter 17 of The Message Bible.  It is Jesus' prayer for His followers as He prepares for His darkest hour....we find Him talking to His Father:  "They believed that you sent me.  I pray for them. I'm not praying for the God-rejecting world, but for those you gave me, for they are yours by right.  Everything mine is yours, and yours mine, and my life is on display in them."  (Italics mine.)  That is my prayer tonight...that the Lord's life would be obviously displayed in me.....then there would be no mistaking integrity in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment