Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In Training

Proverbs 1:30 (MSG)
Because you wouldn't take my advice and brushed aside all my offers to train you,

When I first started my job in a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit as an RN, I spent the first month with a preceptor. 


This person went with me everywhere.  It was their job to train me and make sure that I knew how to handle the responsibilities that were given to me. I became very dependent on that preceptor.  She gave me confidence to tackle the assignment before me with boldness.  I looked to her in every new situation.  Today, I am praying for a renewed sensitivity to the Lord's voice of instruction as I walk through the day.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this metaphor. It is a great way to think about the bigger picture of someone training us for life... and leaving us a guidebook to follow, as well as a role model.

    ReplyDelete