Monday, January 31, 2011

A Long Full Life

Proverbs 3:2 (MSG)
They'll help you live a long, long time, a long life lived full and well.

We are under a Blizzard Warning tonight.  Forecasters are estimating that we might get 12-20 inches of snow!  The last time that this area had a recorded snow fall of that magnitude was in 1912!!  That was a LONG, LONG TIME  ago.....



I have thought about living a long time.  I want to...with some stipulations, of course.  I want to remain mentally intact, physically agile, and spiritually sensitive. That's not too much to ask is it?  If I can't have all of that...then I'm not interested in longevity.  The verse above tells me that I can have all that, if I will follow the prior verse that tells me to take His commands to heart.  What an amazing promise!  Praying tonight for those who are at the end of a long life. Asking the Lord to give them His strength and purpose with an extra measure of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment