Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fine Tuning

Proverbs 2:2 (MSG)
Tune your ears to the world of Wisdom; set your heart on a life of Understanding.

We have a very beautiful old piano that was given to us by my husband's mother.  I am so thankful for it, because it has allowed my daughter to embark upon a wonderful journey into music.




As my daughter has progressed in her piano lessons, she has acquired an ear for the various tones and pitches that she is playing.  The piano where she takes instruction is kept sharply in tune and in turn she has adjusted her ears to the correct pitches.  Since our piano is older, it is unable to hold it's tune for more than about six months before it needs to have the strings pulled back in line.  Because she has tuned her ears to the finely tuned piano of her instructor, she hears immediately when our piano is beginning to stray from it's designed sound.  My prayer today, is for my ears to be so finely tuned to the Lord's wisdom, that I will never be pulled from His path.

No comments:

Post a Comment