Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hide~n~Seek

Proverbs 1:28 (MSG)
You'll need me then.  You'll call for me, but don't expect an answer.  No matter how hard you look, you won't find me.

I loved to play Hide~n~Seek when I was young....still do actually. 


The thrill of finding that "perfect" place to hide and then remaining so quiet that you could hear yourself breathe was so much fun!  As I would be in that (usually dark) place, I could hear my own heart beating in my ears.  I would be listening....intently to see if the "Seeker" was near by.  We always played it with a "base".  You know, that safe spot where you could run to and then shout...."Alle~Alle~Oxen~Free"!  Is that what it even was?  "Alle-Alle Oxen Free"?  What does this game have to do with an Oxen?  OK...I am getting distracted.  (That probably wasn't even what we were supposed to yell, but that 's what I was saying.)  Anyway, I had a place that no one could ever find me.  I used it over and over again. 
To think of the Lord hiding from me...well...it brings me to a place of despair.  I very dark place, like the hiding place I chose, where I can only hear myself.  In that place, without Him, I would be filled with my own selfish ambitions and prideful sludge.  My prayer for today is that He will give me strength to remain in His light.  That I would never hide from Him, so in turn, He would never hide from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment