Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shivering Out In The Cold

Proverbs 6:2(MSG)
If you've impulsively promised the shirt off your back and now find yourself shivering out in the cold,

This is my sweet puppy after a run through the winter snow....and yes....she was "shivering out in the cold".  You can see her looking at me with a longing look as though she is saying, "Let me in!"  I, of course, promptly let her in....I mean seriously, who could resist those eyes?

My personality is not impulsive.  In fact, I can be driven to analysis paralysis if I'm not careful.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  Where you look at something for so long that you become completely frozen.  That would be me.  However, I know some people with tendencies toward impulsive decision making and it certainly can get them in trouble from time to time.  I suppose each personality has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Having said all of that, it appears that in the verse tonight, there was a promise made without much thought to the various outcomes of that commitment and now the worst has happened.  The person is left with absolutely nothing!  To add injury to insult, (or is it insult to injury...hmmm?....well you know what I mean...) they are left out in the cold without anything!  What to do about that?  We will have to wait for tomorrow to find out.

Praying tonight to acquire a heart that hears the needs of people and responds with a loving and gentle spirit.  Asking the Lord for discernment in decision making.

No comments:

Post a Comment