Sunday, April 3, 2011

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You

Proverbs 5:2 (MSG)
Then you'll acquire a taste for good sense; what I tell you will keep you out of trouble.

Ahhhh....Sunday....and what an amazing Sunday it was.  Absolutely beautiful inside and out!  The sun was shining brightly again and the warm wind was blowing strongly.  As the morning service  came to a close, our Pastor shared with us that he would like to begin speaking a blessing over us before we leave every Sunday just as Aaron spoke a blessing over the Israelites in Numbers chapter six.

It was one of the most touching and heart felt blessings that I have ever heard.  The words washed over me like a cool spring of bubbling crisp water.  I want so badly for you as you are reading this to experience the love that he expressed to us.  At first when I thought about blogging this, I figured it was pointless since you weren't there in person to hear it....but then I remembered....the Pastor spoke God's Words....not his words or my words, but God's Words!  God's powerful, transforming, regenerating Word! 

So, I decided to pass on the blessing that he placed on us, in faith, knowing that because God's Words are alive and availeth much....you will experience God's love through them, as I did.  This scripture has also been set to music and was played at the close of every service when I was a child in the church I grew up in.  The melody flooded my mind as he spoke as well.

I'm praying that God will richly bless you tonight~and "keep you" out of trouble as the Proverbs verse above says.

The scripture is from Numbers 6:24-26 (ESV)
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment