Monday, April 25, 2011

Healing Rain

Proverbs 6:1 (MSG)
Dear friend, if you've gone into hock with your neighbor or locked yourself into a deal with a stranger,

Webster's Dictionary defines hock as "in debt" or it could be "out of debt", but in this case, I'm guessing that it's "in debt".  I have a feeling I'm getting ready to learn from the next few verses what to do if I find myself in a sticky financial situation.  Don't you just love the book of Proverbs?!  These verses cover everything!  It's fascinating to think that they are as relevant today as they were when they were written however long ago that was.  A long, long time ago...right?  Anyway, stay tuned for the upcoming verses, as I bet they're filled with insightful truths for handling our dealings in the "money world".

Today has been a record rain day for these parts.  People are experiencing flooding in their homes, rivers overflowing their banks, and lakes past flood stage.  There have been mandatory evacuations of homes located in low lying areas that are situated too close to the water.  I have been glancing at my sinking pond off and on all day.  It is no longer sinking...it's growing! 

Setting the negative effects of the rain aside, however, I did really enjoy the sound of the water as it gently splashed into puddles from the gutter.  The leaves rustling on the trees as the wind stirred the branches made a musical melody fit for a king.  The occasional rumble of thunder joined in the chorus to complete the production.  Listening to the symphony really did help to pass the time as I folded mountains of laundry and searched for missing partners to lonely socks that got separated from their mates.  I even started singing myself....not loud...just softly to myself.  Maybe you've heard the song that came to my mind today.  It is called Healing Rain by Michael W. Smith.  The words are poignant and quite fitting for this past week of my life.  Enjoy!  (Click title to listen and watch this awesome video.) Healing Rain by Michael W. Smith 

Praying for those who have been affected negatively by too much rain.  Asking the Lord to protect property and lives tonight.  Thanking God for His healing rain.....let it fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment