Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Mess

Proverbs 6:3 (MSG)
Friend, don't waste a minute, get yourself out of that mess.  You're in that man's clutches!  Go, put on a long face; act desperate.

Cold and rainy old day again today!  Not complainin'....just stating the facts. 

I've been in the spring cleaning mode for the past few weeks, although, I'm not sure you would be able to tell it if you came to my house.  I've been working on getting rid of the clutter that is hidden from the naked eye, but slowly eats away at you because you know it's there, lurking behind every closed door.  

There are shirts and shoes that no longer fit that have been squished into the back of my closet to pass on down the clothes trail. In the bathroom, I bravely open the cabinet under the sink.....only to shrink back in horror!!  I'm just wondering exactly how many travel bottles one person needs......or how many contact holders is necessary for one pair of contacts?  Do you think eight is enough....cuz....that's how many I have?  How about hair ties, barretts, head bands, and ribbons?  Does one little girl really need twelve of every color? 

In my office, I open my desk drawer to do a quick clean sweep and well....I can't hardly even get the door open cuz there are so many little scraps of important "notes" crammed in there. 
So, when I read, "Get yourself out of this mess" tonight, I had to chuckle.  I don't have to "act" desperate, because I am desperate!  I am desperate and determined to simplify my life and not be taken over by "stuff"! 

There you have it.  If you want to get out of a mess, just get busy.  One step at a time....inch by inch...it's a cinch!! 

Thanking God tonight that I have a wonderful place to live that I call home!

No comments:

Post a Comment