Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Shadow Of The Cross

Proverbs 5:22 (MSG)
The shadow of your sin will overtake you; you'll find yourself stumbling all over yourself in the dark.

On this the eve of Easter, how fitting it is to reflect on the consequences of sin in my life.   The depiction of sin as a shadow is so descriptive when I think of viewing my own shadow at the close of a day.  The shadow, in most cases, appears a lot bigger than I am.  It multiplies my actual size by two to three times, depending on the angle.  Is it not this way with sin?  When I sin, it becomes this thing that overtakes my life, becoming all consuming and growing day by day, if left unchecked.

I am so thankful for the cross and the remembrance of the Lord's sacrifice for my sins. 
Praising God tonight for allowing His son to bear the burden and shame of my sin.
John 3:16-17(ESV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment