Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Consequences

Proverbs 5:4 (MSG)
But it won't be long before she's gravel in your mouth, a pain in your gut, a wound in your heart.


Oh man...here it is...the result of responding to the seductive woman.  None of these options sound very appealing.  I mean, the last time I remember chewing on some gravel was....wait a minute, I've never chewed on gravel...there must be a reason for that.  I'm thinking broken teeth, sliced up mouth, and absolutely no taste here, so probably pass on that one.  A pain in the gut is not my first choice of illness...in fact the stomach flu is at the bottom of my list for sicknesses to endure.  Finally, a wound in my heart sounds deep and extremely serious. 

Nope...I wouldn't want any of these consequences!  Not for myself, not for my husband, not for my son, and not for my daughter.  Praying tonight for the God of heaven to encamp around men (especially married ones) and guard them from the smooth talking ways of the seductive woman.  Also asking the Lord to strengthen each of us by the power of His Holy Spirit to stand firm in His word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment