Sunday, April 17, 2011

Polluted Water

Proverbs 3:16(MSG)
It's true.  Otherwise, you may one day come home and find your barrel empty and your well polluted.

Interesting thinking about this today.  The verse before (yesterday's verse) mentions that we need to be drinking from our own wells.  Today we find that if we don't drink from our own wells, or in my words...if we neglect them...when we finally wake up and realize that we need water from them...they are contaminated.  Sad thought...
This is a shot of my "sinking pond" that sits right outside of my office window.  I gain so much insight from looking out this window.  I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but at the mouth of the pond there is clear water.  Along the edges, however, there is a lot of what we lovingly refer to as "pond scum".  It's a pretty descriptive word for the yucky stuff.  Sort of like the scum that gathers around the base of an uncleaned drain...dark, slippery, and slimy.  The water only gets this way when the farmer doesn't have cattle in the field.  When there are cattle in the field, they are constantly drinking out of it and I suppose there isn't anytime for the water to develop this icky stuff. 

Application....I don't want to neglect any part of my relationship with my husband.  I am so blessed to have been given a spouse who loves the Lord and loves me.  It is a gift that I frequently take for granted and I am cautioned in this verse that I better not be lazy in my attention to him!  A great reminder.....

Father God,
Thank you for the gift of marriage.  Thank you for the special bond between a husband and wife.  Help me to build my husband up through my speech and actions, thereby showing him the nurturing attention that will ultimately glorify Your Name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment