Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't Ever Take Her (Or Him) For Granted

Proverbs 5:19 (MSG)
Lovely as an angel, beautiful as a rose-- Don't ever quit taking delight in her body.  Never take her love for granted.

Isn't it interesting how simple and succinct God's Word is throughout the book of Proverbs.  It's no wonder the book starts out in Proverbs 1:1-6 (MSG) with these words:

These are the wise sayings of Solomon, David's son, Israel's king--  Written down so we'll know how to live well and right, to understand what life means and where it's going;  A manual for living, for learning what's right and just and fair;  To teach the inexperienced the ropes and give our young people a grasp on reality.  There's something here also for seasoned men and women, still a thing or two for the experienced to learn--  Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate, the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women. (Emphasis mine.)

Taking this verse to heart today.....I need to NEVER take my mate for granted...!!
Asking God to open my eyes to see my husband in a whole new way.  Thanking the Lord for the marriage bond and asking Him to show me different ways to let my spouse know just how important he is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment