Monday, April 4, 2011

The Seductive Woman

Proverbs 5:3 (MSG)
The lips of a seductive woman are oh so sweet, her soft words are oh so smooth.


Brrrr.....who let the cold back in!!  Gee wiz!  Temperatures are hovering in the forties today and are supposed to dip into the twenties over night!  That's a hard pill to swallow after yesterday's gorgeous day....oh bother.  My cat pictured here..
wasn't too impressed either.  I guess when she found out it was cold and rainy and ...a Monday...she slyly snuck inside (where she doesn't usually get to be), curled up in this tight ball, and buried her face under her arm hoping to go undetected with the naked eye.  You know that theory that if I can't see you, then you can't see me.  I left her alone for much of the day...pretending not to see her. 

Yes, I confess, I'm stalling.  When I read this verse today, my mind began playing the words over and over again.  Quite the opposite of my kitty cat is this woman described in the passage above.  She isn't hiding and hoping not to be seen.  Instead, she is wanting to draw attention to herself with the well defined intention of luring in an unsuspecting prey.

I am reminding myself, that a few verses ago, the writer told me that I needed to pay close attention, because he was going to give me wisdom.  Well, here we go.  Right out of the gate, he is telling me to watch out for this type of woman.  Since, I am a woman, I am left to apply it to myself.  I do not want to be this type of smooth talking, attention seeking woman....not even a hint of her.

I have enjoyed a wonderful marriage to the same amazing man for almost twenty two years now.  I am certainly not perfect, and thankfully he isn't either, but we are committed to one another and our family.  The key to that success falls squarely on our faith and reliance on God.  Through His word, prayer, worship, and fellowship with other believers, He has allowed us to travel up and down hills, across valleys, and on top of mountains together.  We have had to work at it sometimes....(because of his imperfections...teehehee..just kidding), but we are determined to remain under the umbrella that God has opened for us~side by side through thick and thin.

Praying tonight for my marriage and each couple represented that might be reading this post.  I am asking the Lord to empower us and give us eyes only for one another.  That He would knit us together with our partners and open the lines of communication, so that we can be united to one another in all areas of our lives.  Finally, that God's name would be glorified through our families, and the net effect would be to draw others to Him by the example of our bond and love for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment