Monday, February 28, 2011

The Chip

Proverbs 3:30(MSG) Don't walk around with a chip on your shoulder, always spoiling for a fight.

Well, that does it! This winter tops my list for strange happenings. 

We've now had a blizzard and an earthquake.  That's really odd, don't you think?  To polish it off, on the way around town this morning, I noticed the rain seemed "thick" or something.  It wasn't icy, just very thick looking.  After I got home and went inside for a little while, I returned to get in the car and found it to have a coating of dried mud droplets all over it!  It was as if I had driven through a mud shower.  As I was driving around, I began to notice everyone's car had the same thing.  The line at the local car wash was out into the street with cars and trucks displaying layers of brown dust.  Hmmmm...
I returned home and turned on the news in hopes of an answer.  Apparently, there had been such dryness in Texas that the dust was caught up in the passing storm and it was carried all the way to our state.
That brings me to the verse tonight.  Have you ever known someone who carried a chip on there shoulder everywhere they went?  Whenever you tried to say anything to that person, it ended up with them trying to argue.  Ouch!  That's a hard person to communicate with.  I end up avoiding people like that, unfortunately.  Praying tonight to keep my shoulders free from all chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment