Friday, February 11, 2011

Know You're Blessed

Proverbs 3:13 (MSG)
You're blessed when you meet Lady Wisdom, when you make friends with Madame Insight.


"Marked by God's favor", is how the Webster's New World Thesaurus defines the word~blessed.  I most assuredly want to be "blessed"!


In fact, out of all of the desires that I can think of, that one would be on the top of the list.....to be marked by God's favor.  That I would have God's help, support, encouragement, and partiality is a mind boggling thought!  I mean, how would I live differently if I really believed that He would show me favor?  Instead of walking in grace and confidence, I frequently tip-toe around acting as though I might make a mistake and get knocked flat off balance by terrible consequences!  Can I dare to dream that God is smiling at me?  Can I truly have this deep sense that I have favor with the Holy One of Israel?
The answer is unequivocally and undeniably~Yes!!  This verse tells me that when I search for His wisdom and I cling to His insight....I will be blessed!  Praying today for this authentic sense of security that tells me I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment