Thursday, February 3, 2011

Don't Go It Alone

Proverbs 3:5 (MSG)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;  Don't try to figure out everything on your own.

Ok....at first glance, I thought this verse said not to try to figure everything out.........but then I looked closer and read it again...and again.

After reading it a third time...slowly...I got it!  First, I need to have confidence in God and His promise to be with me in every circumstance that He allows me to be a part of.  Secondly, I shouldn't try to figure out those complicated situations that arise in my life, on my own without His help.  Not that I can't try to understand my condition, but that I should not do it alone.  I will chose to stand firm in the fact that God sees my life, and that He created my very existence for a uniquely specific purpose.  As I rest in that knowledge and allow it to penetrate my heart, I can then search for the who, what, where, when, how, and (my personal favorite) why, parts of my life, in an attempt to "figure out everything" with the guidance from the One who is the designer of everything!
Phew...what a relief to know that I can still try to figure everything out...I just need to do it with Him!!  I would like to pray tonight for a situation that I have been trying to "figure out" for over a decade.  I won't go into details, but the Lord sees me right where I am.  He knows my struggles and my pain.  He knows me...He knows you. In the book of Psalms 139:1-2 (NIV) the psalmist writes:  "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar."  How comforting to know that God already knows what I am thinking...there is no fear nor shame in being transparent with the Lord.  He is a BIG God...He can handle it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment