Sunday, February 27, 2011

Walk In Love

Proverbs 3:29 (MSG)
Don't figure ways of taking advantage of your neighbor when he's sitting there trusting and unsuspecting.


"I can't believe she took advantage of me like that!!!"

I have heard this expression from people many times through the years.  It never fails to bring a feeling of sadness within me.  When someone purposely imposes their selfish way onto another person, with a hidden agenda of getting something from them, I admittedly become frustrated.  I guess the key word here, is selfish.  You know what's coming here...yeap, you know me pretty well....a Webster's Dictionary definition.  Here it is~selfish: "Having or showing too much concern for one's own interests, with little regard for others."  That has to be the only explanation for why someone would take advantage of another person.
The fix to that, is given by Paul in Ephesians 5:1-2 (ESV):  Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.  And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.  (Italics mine.)  Praying tonight to walk in love instead of running over people with a self centered and demanding spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment