Thursday, February 10, 2011

You're Not Invisible

Proverbs 3:12 (MSG)
It's the child He loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.

I never want to be invisible.

It's a complex set of feelings that I have about getting attention.  On the one hand, I absolutely do not like a lot of attention drawn to myself, but on the other hand, I don't want to be in a room and have people treat me as though I were invisible.  I think about this as it relates to our Father in heaven.  I hate the idea of the negative attention from Him, but if I'm doing something that displeases Him, I would certainly want His gentle rebuke.  It's comforting in a sense, to know that I matter enough to Him, that He would want to expend His energy on me.  If I didn't matter to Him, He wouldn't waste His time on me....right?  Praying tonight that the Lord will continue to redirect and correct me, and that as His child, I would understand His love at an even deeper level.

No comments:

Post a Comment