Saturday, February 19, 2011

Do Not Lose Sight

Proverbs 3:21 (ESV)
My son, do not lose sight of these-keep sound wisdom and discretion,

I have terrible myopia!  Without assistance from glasses or contacts, I can only see my hand when it is about two inches from my face.





So many beautiful things to see....like this setting sun as it melts into the warm Gulf waters.  Focusing on it and willing it to hang in the sky just a little longer, will not change the fact that it will slip away.  Not so with the sound wisdom of God and His discretion.  Today's verse tells me to "not lose sight of them".  His word tells me that I get to chose whether I hold them close, inches from my life, or not.  The option is mine.  There are so many things in my life that I do not have control over, that it is amazing to me to be offered such a gift!  I will chose to keep them near me, so that I will have a clear vision of His purposes for my life.  I am giving adoration and thanksgiving to God today, for His offer of wise counsel and sound discernment.


No comments:

Post a Comment