Monday, May 9, 2011

Seven Things God Hates

Proverbs 6:16(MSG)
Here are six things God hates, and one more that He loathes with a passion:


Have you ever had the feeling you are being watched?  You're just minding your own business, when you begin to sense that someone is staring at you.  This has been happening to me lately.....I finally figured out why when I looked out the window the other day.  I AM being watched.......

by this beautiful dove!  He has made a few appearances lately.  He quietly lands on the window ledge outside of my office window and peers inside.  He stares past the blinds as though he's asking, "Why do you sit there day after day.  Why don't you come fly with me!"    I wish I could take a trip around the field with him....what a vantage point that would be!!

Ok...this verse always gets my attention when I read it and makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!  Do I have hair on the back of my neck?  Well....you know what I mean....kind of gives me the shivers.  I sure don't want to be doing anything to bring the wrath of God upon my life!  That's a scary thought! 

Webster's dictionary defines "hate" as having a strong dislike for something.  Whatever God doesn't like...I don't want to like.  I'm praying tonight that God will open my eyes to the way He sees things and that He will make me sensitive to those areas of my life that are insulting to Him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment