Monday, May 16, 2011

The Beacon

Proverbs 6:23(MSG)
For sound advice is a beacon, good teaching is a light, moral discipline is a life path.

Webster's Dictionary defines the word beacon as:  A light for warning or guiding.  If good teaching is the light, then how extremely important is it that we have sound leadership to follow in this ridiculously dark world?  If that leadership is going to guide and warn us about trouble.....it must surely need to be strongly connected to the power of the Holy Spirit.  Yep....I better be on my toes to make sure that I'm following the right leader!

The second part of this verse is a great reminder....the path I walk on needs to reflect that Christ is my focus.  My behaviors, attitudes, service, and words all need to be morally disciplined.  Phew...sometimes that's hard...but..Philippians 4:13(NIV) says, ~"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

God,
I'm pretty tired tonight...I'm so glad to be worshipping a God who never slumbers, who never gets worn out, who never changes!  You are my peace....good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment