Thursday, May 19, 2011

He Knows Me

Psalm 139:1(NIV)
Oh Lord, You have searched me and You know me.

Tomorrow is my daughter's last day of school before the summer break.  I can't believe how time has flown by!  Incredible that she is already finishing this year of school.  In celebration of the "break", I thought it would be fun to break away from my "blogging  routine" of following the Proverbs, and just do some spontaneous verses.  Yes, I know, for those of you that know me.....spontaneous is not a word frequently used to describe me, but I wish it was, so I am going to try to just relax a little and go where the Spirit leads. 

Tonight, I decided to do my all time favorite chapter in the Bible, which is Psalm 139.  Verse one, is such a comfort to me.  When I get all stressed out about things and trying to be "perfect" for the Lord, I repeat this verse and tension drops from me.  Oh Lord, You have searched me and You know me!!!  He knows me!!  What a relief....no facades, no perfection needed...He's already searched me.  He knows the good parts and the bad parts.  (Insert deep easy breath in followed by a long sigh out.)

Lord,
Thank you for creating me just the way I am and for knowing every detail of my life.  Help me to rest in You tonight and to find joy in Your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment