Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Revision

Proverbs 1:23 (MSG)
About face! I can revise your life.  Look, I'm ready to pour out my spirit on you; I'm ready to tell you all I know.

My dryer quit working yesterday.  Who knew a person could be so dependent on a dryer?  Ridiculous!! 



Turns out (thanks to my wonderful Dad's expertise in diagnosing electrical problems) that the heating element needs to be replaced.  We spent about two and half hours working on that thing....I include myself in the "we", because I handed him a few tools and held the flashlight.  As I was watching him work with the meter that reads what kind of conduction is passing through an area, I became mesmerized by it all.  It was the coolest thing, as my Dad touched certain areas of the coil, the meter sprang to life, showing that it was passing current along as it should.  But, then eventually we found part of the coil that despite our trying at different angles, would not show any needle movement and thus indicating there was no ability to carry the needed current to the points beyond.  There it was, like a mystery solved.  That one tiny spot didn't work and it stopped my whole dryer from heating up!!  Let's face it, if a dryer won't heat, it is pretty much useless, right?  Better get the new part.

Revise is defined as looking over something again with the intention of correcting it or improving it (Webster's Dictionary).  I am praying today that the Lord will revise my life in the areas that need revision.  I want His spirit poured out on me, so that I can be a conduit of His love and grace in other's lives.  I do not want there to be a small unit in me that is stopping the flow of Him working in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment