Saturday, December 25, 2010

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" (Did you receive that?)

Proverbs 1:20 (MSG)
Lady Wisdom goes out in the street and shouts.  At the town center she makes her speech.

When someone starts yelling, it always gets my attention!


We were at a baseball game this past summer.  It was a wonderful warm summer evening.  I was with my family when all of a sudden we could hear someone yelling in the section up above us.  We all turned and a hush fell over the crowd as the voice became louder.  Every word he was saying was loud and clear!  In today's verse, I think we are being told that wisdom is right there for the taking.  It's not a mystery or a secret formula....but you do have to receive it.  My prayer today is that not only will I hear His wisdom, but I will accept and apply it to my life!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful the Lord abundantly provides us with everything we need. The key word is that He "provides". We have the responsibility to "receive".

    ReplyDelete