Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Respectful Heart

Proverbs 1:25 (MSG)
"Since you laugh at my counsel and make a joke of my advice, how can I take you seriously?"

Oh boy...as a parent, there is one thing that can really try my patience. 


Yeap...you guessed it!  When I give advice to my teenager and it is returned with a smirk.....and a look as though he is saying, "Whatever Mom!".  At that point, I seriously have to tap into the Holy Spirit's power and ask for grace and patience not to completely unleash all of my wrath on him.  It is so helpful to have a child, because it allows me to parallel that parent/child relationship.  When I read this verse, I wonder if maybe the Lord thinks the same of me when I take His advice flippantly.  He knows that I will take a fall without His direction and He certainly cannot take me serious!  Praying for a respectful heart to all of the Lord's guidance today.

No comments:

Post a Comment