Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Very Good End

Proverbs 1:16 (MSG)

They're racing to a very bad end, hurrying to ruin everything they lay hands on.

I ran a half marathon several years ago.




I have always loved running.  There is something about it that provides an escape for me.  I don't know if it's the freedom I feel when I take off out the door to "parts unknown", or because I know that when I finish, I will have that sense of accomplishment.  Either way, as I read the verse this morning, I thought about the half marathon.  It was extremely difficult for me, despite the fact that I trained consistently.  One of the only things that kept me going in the middle of the eleventh mile, was looking forward to the "end".  I knew that once I got to the finish line, I could rest.  I realized I would be embraced by my family, handed a cool glass of water, and offered a place to sit down.  (Ok, fall down!)  During that eleventh mile, when I was so exhausted, I had to really pay attention to the mile markers and the signs on the route, so I wouldn't take a wrong turn and ruin what I had worked so hard for.  Today my prayer is to check my race route carefully and make certain that I am on the route He planned for me to be on.  I know if I am on His path, I will most certainly end well!

No comments:

Post a Comment