Monday, December 27, 2010

Ready to Learn

Proverbs 1:22 (MSG)
"Simpletons!  How long will you wallow in ignorance?  Cynics!  How long will you feed your cynicism?  Idiots!  How long will you refuse to learn?


I remember trying to feed my son his first bites of baby food.  As I would hold the spoonful of mush up to his lips, he would push out his tongue and smear the food all over his face. 

Not only that, but then he would take his hands and try to swipe the spoon down out of my hands.  What my son didn't know, was that the food tasted good!  It wasn't until he had actually tasted a few bites and found out that he liked it, that he allowed me to feed him.  I feel that same way with the Lord sometimes.  He is trying to feed me His word.....but in some areas of my life I am refusing to learn!  I am spending a lot of time and energy pushing that spoon away.  Oh my...praying today for a listening ear and a heart that is ready to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment