Monday, December 6, 2010

The Art of Skillfull Living

Proverbs 1:1 (The Message Bible)
These are the wise sayings of Solomon, David's son, Israel's king-

Ok...there you have it!  Words from a king. 
 I should think he would know quite a bit!  Especially since he could have asked for ANYTHING from God and he chose to ask for wisdom!  Eugene H. Peterson (who is the translator of the Message Bible) says that "wisdom is the art of living skillfully in whatever actual conditions we find ourselves.  It has virtually nothing to do with information as such...."  Wow........that is my prayer...to live skillfully in the conditions that the Lord has placed me in.  Today instead of my usual prayer to "get me out of this, Lord", I will pray Lord help me to live well in the middle of this.........and bring glory to your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment