Sunday, December 19, 2010

To Join or Not To Join

Proverbs 1:14  (MSG)

Join us for the time of your life!  With us, it's share and share alike!"


Remember that the "bad companions" are talking in this verse.  The "bad companions" represent sinners, who have chosen to ignore the call of Christ.  With that in mind, I read today's verse and one thing is shouting at me....people don't want to be alone in their sin, so watch out!! 


We desire companionship.  It is how God designed us.  Genesis 2:18 (ESV) says, "Then the Lord God said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone....'".    Unfortunately, we can be pulled into situations simply because we are desiring companionship.  Therefore,  my prayer for today is that the Lord would help me to be wise about what I participate in and go along with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment