Thursday, December 23, 2010

Doing Yourself In

Proverbs 1:18 (MSG)

Yet that's what these people are doing--
they're doing themselves in.

I do NOT want to be "done in"....and especially not by my own accord!! 





However, after yesterday's prayer time and reflection, the Lord gently revealed some behaviors in my life that are actually working against His spirit.  Common phrases that come to mind are:  "trying to get up stream without a paddle"; "shooting yourself in the foot"; "too much for your own good" and the list goes on.  They are subtle actions that are working to sabotage my ultimate goal of reflecting His love to those whose lives He has allowed me to be a part of.  Oh...hopefully, you wouldn't notice them (my pride stepping in here), but the Lord knows.  So, it is with a humble heart, that I stand up another day with a stronger resolve to allow His spirit to shine out of me!  My prayer today is that I would rest in Him and let Him do the driving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment