Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Prayer For My Children

Proverbs 4:3 (MSG)
When I was a boy at my father's knee, the pride and joy of my mother,

I remember the first time I held both of my precious children as though it were yesterday....talk about "pride and joy"!


Tonight, I just want to take some extra time to pray for my children.  I know that my words aren't very clever and carry absolutely no power, but praying the Word of God will move the mountains!  (...and the mountains look really big right now!)

1John 1:14-15 (MSG) "And how bold and free we then become in His presence, freely asking according to His will, sure that He's listening.  And if we're confident that He's listening, we know that what we've asked for is as good as ours."

Psalm 91:2-6~ (MSG) God, you're my refuge.  I trust in you and I'm safe!  That's right he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards.  His huge outstretched arms protect you under them you're perfectly safe;  his arms fend off all harm.  Fear nothing~not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day, not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon. 

God,
Rescue my children from the seen and unseen traps that are surrounding them in this world where Satan is prowling around like a lion to devour them.  Teach them your Word and help them to hide it in their hearts.  Give them your peace and confidence.  Place strong followers of You in their lives as leaders.  Cultivate those friendships that will have You as their common thread.  Help us as parents to make the wise choices that will support the path of righteousness.....no matter how hard the decisions may be....help us to stand firm for You and keep our focus directed at You and Your kingdom.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment