Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weapon of Warfare: The Word Of God

Proverbs 4:7 (ESV)
Get wisdom; get insight; do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.

An ability to see and understand clearly the inner nature of things is the Webster Dictionary's definition of insight.


In my own words I would describe insight as seeing deeper into a situation or person than what is easily available on the surface.  Once you can see beyond the surface, you use wisdom to know how to respond to that situation or person.  Tonight, I'm trying to have insight into a few areas of my life,  mainly as it relates to my children. 

The areas of their life that they struggle in are always of great concern to me.  I want to help them in these areas of weakness and  celebrate with them as they grow and shine in their strengths.  Discerning what the root cause of a problem area is becomes the challenge.  Is it a stronghold?

2 Corinthians 10:4 (AMP)
"For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,"

Praying tonight to more deeply know the "Words of His Mouth" and speak them over my family.  Trusting that as I do that, I will watch the strongholds crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment