Monday, March 14, 2011

God's Grace

Proverbs 4:9 (MSG)
She'll garland your life with grace, she'll festoon your days with beauty."

Ok...there's a new word..."festoon".  I confess, I don't know what that means?

Good old Webster's Dictionary says that festoon is a wreath or garland of flowers hanging in a loop or curve.  Who knew?  Well, maybe you knew...but ...I digress.  I think I want to focus my attention more on the word "grace".

There are many definitions for the word grace.  It could mean a short prayer of thanks for a meal, but I'm pretty sure that one doesn't apply here.  It could also mean (and I think that this is the meaning in this context) beauty of form, movement or expression.  When we have wisdom and understanding our life becomes filled with beauty.  We carry ourselves in a different way.  We have a confidence that expresses our love for the King.  We also are able to communicate with others in a way that overflows with the fruits of His Spirit.

While I'm at it though, I don't want to miss the opportunity to define grace as it relates to God's graceHis grace is the lasting kind....the one that matters for eternity!  Ephesians 2:4-5 (ESV)-"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trepasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved."  It's this grace from God that provides salvation, safety, and preservation as we are "in Christ".  (Romans 5:1-2) 

Wow....praying tonight for those who don't know the saving grace that comes through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.  Asking God to move them to a place where they would cease the moment and grasp the lasting offer of salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment