Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making Somethin' Out Of Nothin'

Psalm 139:15(MSG)
You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body;  You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.

It's a great day around the house today.  You know....one of those days where you are not on any one's schedule but your own.  Nowhere to be and no pressing things that need to be done.....except laundry, of course....but that is always needing to be done, right?  In my continued endeavor to eat heart healthy and lower that cholesterol level, I decided to make some oat bran muffins.  My Northern Sis gave me a great recipe for them when I was there a few weeks ago, so I decided this was a good time to make a batch.

I got out the dish and started gathering the ingredients.  Staring into the empty bowl, I began thinking about today's verse.  Nothing but air in that bowl and I get to decide what to put in it.  All of the ingredients that the recipe called for were healthy of course....that's why it comes up bein' a good choice for those of us that are watching what's going down the hatch.  I threw it all in, stirred it up, and poured the batter into the muffin tin.  Ten minutes later~"wala"~(this word is not in the dictionary by the way)....presto....yummy oat bran muffins!!  Yay. 

Funny thing though....all the muffins looked different.  Some had more raisins....some had less.  Some muffins were kinda flat on top...some were puffy.  Some muffins were a golden brown....others a little darker.  But, guess what?!  They all tasted the same!  All those good ingredients mixed together and baked at just the right temperature, made a marvelous product!  And healthy too....you have to love that!

Fruitful....for the Kingdom.


Yeap...those muffins are alot like us.  God took absolutely nothing and created something complicated and beautiful in His image.  We all look different, but we each one are designed to be healthy and fruitful for His kingdom.  What I do with that information is my choice to make.  Hmmmm......changes how I look at the day...that's for sure!

Lord,
Thank You for making each one of us so uniquely.  I know that sometimes it's hard for us to see our own strengths.  For whatever reason, it is often easier for me to identify my weaknesses.  Help me today to see those areas in my life that are gifts from You, and help me to use them accordingly!
In Jesus name....
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment