Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Lighthouse

Psalm 139:19(MSG)
And please, God, do away with wickedness for good! And you murderers-out of here!

 
At the end of the island on Sanibel stands this beautiful lighthouse!  It is a historic island fixture constructed in 1884 to serve as a beacon for travelers moving through the coastal waters of Florida.  I absolutely loved walking around it and imagining what it has seen through the span of time. 
 
Towering tall over the trees and looming powerful over the sand this structure commands attention.  However, even more intriguing to me, were the two birds perched on it's railings.  These birds (which I have sense learned are Osprey) were firm in their commitment to watch over their territory.  As we walked closer to get a more detailed look at the tower, they barely took their eyes off of us.  Even as we stood at the bottom, they leaned over and locked in on our every move. 

Really, I can't even think of a more fitting picture of the light and guidance that God gives me every day than a lighthouse.  The Lord is an ever watchful eye protecting and guiding me away from the wickedness that attempts to come my way. 

The Psalmist plea is my prayer today~
"Please God, do away with wickedness for good." 

No comments:

Post a Comment