Thursday, June 23, 2011

Book Review: The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews is an incredibly entertaining fiction read with deep life messages sprinkled throughout it's pages! 

It was a privilege to read this book and I am excited to share this author with you in case you've never read him.  He is what I would call a modern day C. S. Lewis!  I know that is saying a lot, but that is exactly the flavor of this book titled:  The Final Summit.  I can't wait to get my hands on the ten other books he has written, beginning with The Noticer and ending with the The Butterfly Effect.

The Final Summit is centered around the book's main character, David Ponder, who travels through time to gather in a final summit meeting with some of the world's greatest leaders from the past.  Their mission is to identify the one solution that will save humanity.  As the book progresses, the reader is drawn into history with a mesmerizing hold.  One by one, strong leaders from days gone by are introduced and their defining moments in life are revealed.  As the group looks closely at pivotal points in their lives, they grow closer to isolating the one principle that will save humanity. 

A cast of characters such as Winston Churchill, Joan of Arc, and George Washington Carver, just to name a few, make this book come alive with imagination and intrigue!  An easy and entertaining read with a very deep message places this book high on my list for recommended reading!

Thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishing Company  (Since 1798) for providing a review copy of The Final Summit presented to me through booksneeze.com.  The statements in this review are a reflection of my own opinions and based solely on my personal  estimation of this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment