Saturday, June 4, 2011

Immersed in His Light

Psalm 139:11(MSG)
Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark!  At night I'm immersed in the light!"


Light reflecting off the lake water.

It's hard to completely describe my strong and rather amazing husband.  He really exemplifies the love of Christ in our home and has become a strong tower that I have grown to trust and lean on in all situations.  Today marks our twenty third year of marriage!  Those years have been filled with much love and a few trials.  There has been a lot of laughter and a few tears.  We have shared mountain top experiences and a hand full of deep valley travels.  Through it all, we have persevered and clung to our faith in God and His goodness in all things.  

My husband has a consistent saying that he will utilize when things get a little bit rough for us.....whatever that happens to be at the time varies, but it usually is a situation that is not turning out the way we had intended for it to.  Ironically, I got to hear it today.  You see, yesterday we scooped up the kids and took them to the lake for some fresh air, a little diving, swimming and a good old fashioned camp fire.  (It's good for the soul....gettin' out in nature....have I mentioned I LOVE the outdoors?)  Anyway, we were all together and that is exactly the way we wanted to spend our anniversary....together...the four of us.  It was awesome. 

We enjoyed the evening relaxing by the fire and throwing a marshmallow over the flame.  We got up this morning and splashed right into the lake for a full day of sun and fun.  By evening, it was a quick pack up and out the door for the drive home.  That's when it happened.  Yeap....craziest thing.....I'm backing out to head back home and bang~crash....!!  Someone put a tree right in the middle of the road....and I slammed right into it!  We all jumped out to see that I single handily smashed an entire section of the car!  Oh bother....I really hate it when that happens.  (No...the tree wasn't in the middle of the road...I guess I backed up crooked and sort of ran right into it......good grief!)

Now, is when my compassionate man decided to use his "consistent saying".  Are you ready to hear it?  He says, "Ah...that's ok Babe....'In the light of eternity~what does this really matter?  This isn't that big of a deal!'"  He proceeds to give me a huge hug and usher me right back into the car.  Who does that???  Seriously?!  Could I be anymore blessed?  Nope...I didn't think so. 

I am immersed in His light tonight....and thankful for a husband who stands in His light as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment