Tuesday, August 2, 2011

His Powerful Love

Psalm 136:8(MSG)
The sun to watch over the day, His love never quits.

As I sit writing this, it is late into the night and the temperature is hovering around 90 degrees!  The sun stood fixed in the sky, unmoving all day, beating down onto a dried up land.  It's so hot that even the pavement is buckling under the blazing rays.  There are "fire warnings" being issued as the fields have turned into a matches delight.  Hiding indoors today seemed like the only logical thing to do. 

It's easier for me to think about God's love in the sunshine on a cool autumn morning when stepping into it's path provides just the right amount of needed warmth to take the chill from my bones.  In contrast, thinking about the sun on a day like today reminds me just how powerful it is!  Maybe that is a good way to think of it....His powerful love is watching over my day....every day! 

Tomorrow, as I am walking around under the sun, I will be reminded that my God is a strong and mighty God who loves me so very intensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment