Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Guardians Of The Night

Psalm 136:9(MSG)
Moon and stars as guardians of the night, His love never quits.

Pretty incredible to think about the moon and the stars.  I always thought it would be cool to study astronomy in depth, but I never have.  When I begin to ponder the way everything in the universe is aligned and the way the stars all just sort of "hang out" up there without falling down, I get more than a little awe struck!

But tonight, for some reason, (maybe because the last two verses were on light), I am drawn to the spiritual side of this statement.....not just the physical presence of light in the darkness.  This verse has me thinking about His phenomenal love for us in that He provided protection in the darkness....."guardians of the night"....as it states.  I can stand on this in the darkest hours of my life, knowing that I have armor bearers watching out for me....spiritual warriors shielding me from the darts of the enemy.

Psalm 91:4,11(NIV)~He will cover you with His feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;  

I am gaining so much strength as I focus on His love for me.  I am praying that as you read this, you are sensing His enormous love for you as well!   

No comments:

Post a Comment