Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Life Without Regrets

Psalm 119:6 (MSG) Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with Your counsel.

I was just talking to a friend this morning about regrets.  "Should have said this...shouldn't have said that....wish I would have done that....surely I shouldn't have done that!!"  How appropriate this verse is for such a day as this.  I am beginning to notice the timeliness of all of the words that are being brought to me lately.  For instance, the little girl in the elementary area of our church that has twice now hand written the scripture memory verse and then walked up and without words...handed it to me.  It is odd in that I am not her teacher and it is not a requirement for the children to write down the scripture they are trying to memorize.  Having said that, even if she is using that as a means to teach herself about the lesson, why is she handing it to me with a beautiful smile on her face for the past two weeks and then quickly walking away without so much as a "boo"!  Coincidence?  I think not.  The scripture that she sweetly handed me was:

Jeremiah 29:11-14(NIV):  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord. 

Or, as another example, the man in the gas station this morning who was standing at the counter next to me.  He simply turned to me and asked with a loving smile, "Do you know that Jesus loves you?"  Then as quickly as he appeared, he disappeared out the door.  So taken back was I, that I hardly had a chance to wonder if this is something he says to everyone, or just me.  Was he led to speak to just me?  I didn't see him ask anyone else this question on his way out the door....and there were other people around.  These are curious actions indeed, but by faith, I chose to accept them as gifts from a loving God. 

The counsel of God delivered directly through Him in prayer; through His people; through His Word; through a melody....... each one, the voice of our Savior~Jesus Christ~through His Holy Spirit.  The one and only Savior that died on a cross so that He could live in me through the faith and belief in His action at that very cross.  Not so that I could be perfect and then come to Him for a pat on the back....but instead that I could cling to His back and allow Him to carry me wherever He chooses!  If I will do that...I will definitely live a life without any regrets!

Galations 2:20(NIV) I have been crucified with Christ and I know no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.     

No regrets indeed!!!  (To enjoy a special worship song by Hillsong United, click here.)

Father,
Thank you for giving Your one and only Son for the salvation of Your children.  May I always walk in Your counsel and allow Your life to fill mine completely.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment