Thursday, October 6, 2011

He Will Take Care Of YOU

Psalm 136:25(MSG) Takes care of everyone in time of need.  His love never quits.

I picked it up and stared at it.  It was beautiful with all of it's colors intertwined and spiraling through the glass like a maze of trails running through a dense forest.  I found myself intrigued by it.  I couldn't completely follow every color through every twist and turn, but I marveled at it's beauty.  It was a gorgeous hand blown glass ornament that hung in the window, gently swaying in the breeze of my sister's home.  It was there every morning when I got up, displaying all of it's glory with the sun shining on it.  It was there every evening when darkness fell on it, revealing different hues, but just as breathtaking.
This verse is a lot like that glass ball.  I have studied it.  I have picked it up and looked all around it.  I have searched under it, beside it, and on top of it and all I can see is a beautiful picture of who God is!  I have to confess, however, that I have been struggling with these words for the past three days. 

The wrestling over these words intensifies when I pick up the paper and see the tremendous hurts present in our world right now.  In fact, I know that someone reading this must surely be going through the trial of their life.  Of course it could be spiritual, financial, physical, emotional, or other oriented, but a severe challenge just the same.  To tritely state, "God will take care you in your time of need", hardly seems fair.  And yet, that is what's being said here.  Right?

I decided to look at this verse in a few different translations:

Psalm 136:25(NIV) and who gives food to every creature.  His love endures forever.

Psalm 136:25(NLT) He gives food to every living thing.  His faithful love endures forever.

Psalm 136:25(KJV)Who giveth food to all flesh:  for his mercy endureth for ever.

Alright, for the sake of argument, I would say that we all need food to survive, right?  So, this verse says that God will provide!  But wait a minute... there are people going to bed hungry tonight.  There are children dying of dehydration and disease because they don't have clean drinking water.  There is my dilemma and why I have grappled with this post. 

 I have been at this point before.....such is the trappings of a reflective person.  I don't understand this type of hurt and I never will.  Oh, I could launch into the difference between "wants" and "needs". Obviously, I want things like: a better memory, a warm inviting house, a maid, a beautiful singing voice, etc . But, the word need is different. Webster's dictionary defines need as: a necessity; something that is required that is lacking. 

So, I have agreed (with myself) to settle upon His Words once again, because I will freely admit that I do not, can not, and probably never will understand physical human suffering.  I only comprehend what the Lord said in John 16:33(NIV): "I tell you these things, so that in me you will have peace In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world". (italics and bold mine)

After prayer and more contemplation, I return to this foundational truth: God's Word is true.  He does supply food (His Word) to feed us and to take care of our every spiritual need.  He then asks us in return to help "feed" His sheep through the sharing of His Word with others. 

John 21:15-16~When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?'  "Yes Lord," he said, "you know that I love you."  Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."  Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?'  He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."  Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."   

He does completely take care of our needs through His Word!  The Holy Spirit, by the grace we have found in Jesus Christ, guides and directs us into all truth and removes us from the "needy list" and places us on the "abundant life" roster through His love that never quits!

As for the physical needs that sometimes appear to go unnoticed, I can only continue to trust that His ways are higher than our ways.  I will continue to call out to Him for help and stand confidently in the assurance that He has heard and He is taking care of it....even if I don't comprehend His answers. 

 I guess that's what faith is all about.  Hebrews 11:1~Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 

Father,
Thank you for the Words that you have given us to walk through every step of life!  It is our source for restoring broken and needy people like myself.  Thank you for taking care of each one of us in such an amazing way!  Continue to meet the needs both physical and spiritual of your children in Your way.  Help us to remain in You, because there we will find Your peace and Your calling on our life.

In Jesus Name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment