Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Giving Thanks

Psalm 119:7(MSG)
I thank You for speaking straight from Your heart;  I learn the pattern of Your righteous ways.

It has been a simply gorgeous fall here!  The trees are taking on their brightest colors and the crisp breeze brings a chill to the air.  A walk was most certainly in order!  As I meandered along a winding trail with my husband, daughter, and son, I became overwhelmed with thankfulness for all that the Lord has blessed me with! 

It is always a perfect day to praise the Lord for He is so loving, gracious and kind.  The blessings of health, family, and friends are just a few of the things that come to my mind.  I am also so thankful for His Word that, as the verse says, speaks  to us straight from His heart, so that we have a pattern to model our life after. 

I saw a bumper sticker again today.....you know I am drawn to reading these if you've read very many of my posts.  This one said....."JESUS IS".  That's it.  That's all there was.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  I like that bumper sticker....enjoy the rest of your day or night...with a voice of praise and thankfulness to the Lord...because...He is! 

A day can hold a lot of things.....but we know who holds the day!!
Lord,
I am not always as thankful as I should be.  I am sorry about that.  Please help my mind, heart, body, spirit, and soul to take on a stance of praise and worship to You throughout each and every moment that You allow me to have down here on Your earth. 
Praises to Your name~
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment