Monday, November 21, 2011

On My Knees

Psalm 119:9(MSG)
How can a young person live a clean life?  By carefully reading the map of Your Word. 

I'm listening to the cold rain fall here on this dark November night.  The wind is whipping up the trees outside of the window and it feels a little heavy in my heart.  I think it is because whenever I hear the words "young person", I think of teenagers.  Whenever I think of teenagers, I am jolted into a marginal panic for all that this generation has to deal with.  I remember back to the complicated feelings that I had at this age and then I multiply that times at least one thousand and I come up with about the number of trials these kids must face in our present age.  Phew!  It's enough to drive you to your knees for sure.

That's what I need to be doing for my kiddos.  I need to be on my knees...begging for His mercy and grace to be poured over each of them.  I am also asking that the Lord would open their eyes to His Word for direction and give them a blinding love for the things that matter to Him.  While I'm at it, I'm going to request that He give them a passion for pleasing Him. 

Yeap....I'm heading down to the floor....will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment